Downsizing Your Home in Toronto
For Downsizers with Houses in The GTA or Southern Ontario
Transitioning to a new lifestyle can be overwhelming, both emotionally and logistically. Your home holds so many memories and often a lifetime’s worth of possessions. For any individual or family who’s considering downsizing, often it’s hard to even know where to start.
But when done right, downsizing your home means rightsizing to a new third-age home that better suits your needs as you step into the next exciting chapter of your life.
We believe you deserve the best third age possible. Now’s your time to shine!
Introducing the Downsizing Done Right Program
What’s Downsizing Done Right? It’s our carefully designed, exclusive 3-step process that helps you take control and downsize on your terms.
At Transitions, we’re known in the real estate industry not only as compassionate and visionary home downsizing experts, but also as trusted and licensed Realtors®.
What does that mean? As part of our 3-step downsizing process, we’ll support you as you prepare and sell your home in Toronto or the GTA, and we’ll help you buy a new home that aligns with your new lifestyle.
Here are the 3 steps we’ll take you through:
It all starts with a friendly chat. We like to think of it as a meet-and-greet where we get to know you. We can talk in person or over video, depending on circumstances and your comfort level.
In a series of conversations over a few weeks or months, we’ll discover your passion, discuss your goals, and learn what you value most.
Everyone has a different vision of what their third age of life will look like. At Transitions, we ensure you understand your future lifestyle options to help you make informed decisions with confidence.
- What activities serve your life’s passion and purpose?
- Who are your family and friends, and where do they live?
- What shape is your house in?
- How much equity do you have in your home?
- What’s your financial position?
- When you downsize, how much decluttering and paring down of your possessions do you need to do?
- How do you feel about decluttering?
- Do you want to stay in your current neighbourhood, relocate to a new community, become a snowbird, or retire abroad?
- Are you looking to move into a retirement community, which offers lifestyle options ranging from senior’s apartment, independent living to supported living?
- How do you feel about a third-age home that’s designed with accessibility features to help you live in place for many years to come?
The discussion we have will give us a clear vision of your future lifestyle.
Once we’ve got a vision of what your next chapter will look like, we’ll work closely with you to create your very own Personalized Home Downsizing Transition Plan.
Your customized plan will include various phases, a list of trusted professionals* to help you implement each phase, and a realistic timeline for your whole downsizing journey.
For an enjoyable and stress-free transition, every detail matters. We’ll ensure that every one of your downsizing requirements gets looked after in a highly professional manner.
With your vision mapped out, we’ll work with you every step of the way to implement your transition plan* and help you meet your goals.
Once we’ve completed the plan and you’ve reached the other side of your transition, we want you to look back and say, “Now, that wasn’t so hard after all.”
Your downsizing journey starts now. Are you ready?
Let’s book a time for a friendly first conversation.
NO OBLIGATION. This is a complimentary chat to get to know each other and see whether we might be a good fit for you.
* Fees may apply for services provided by third-party providers such as financial planners, retirement coaches, movers, cleaners, professional organizers, new home builders, home inspectors, designers, lawyers, stagers, and more.