Home Downsizing Services in Toronto
Solutions for Downsizers in the GTA or Southern Ontario
We all know of someone who stayed in their family home too long. Maybe it was your aunt, your grandparent, your neighbour—maybe even your mom or dad.
The sad truth is, downsizing for them may have been an unhappy experience because they most likely were forced into a senior’s community or assisted living.
At Transitions, we believe you have the freedom to make a different choice.
We prefer to call downsizing “rightsizing.” This means finding the right new home, in the right community, that aligns with your vision for the third age of your life—both now and in the future.
When downsizing’s done right, you’ll take advantage of the equity you’ve built in your current home to fund a new active, healthy lifestyle of your choosing.
But Making the Leap Isn’t Easy
Deciding to take the next step in your life and to transition out of the home you’ve lived in for years can be emotionally and logistically challenging. We know it ourselves from our own first-hand experience.
Many of our clients come to us for help because they feel their current home isn’t quite right anymore.
Do any of these statements describe your situation?
When our clients come to us for downsizing help, often they’re not sure what to do about their home, or they’re paralyzed by a fear of change. They haven’t envisioned where they’d ideally like to live or what they want to do in the next part of their life. They don’t know what steps to take. They can’t even imagine where to start.
Understandably, most of us feel attached to the home we’ve lived in for decades, often with family or other loved ones. The thought of sorting through a lifetime’s worth of mementos and getting rid of accumulated possessions is sometimes more than we can handle. With so much to consider, it’s no wonder many of our clients feel overwhelmed and stuck in their current situation.
Does this sound like you?
Transitions is here to help with an array of essential downsizing services.
A Unique Combination of Skills and Downsizing Services
Transitions Realty is known in Toronto and the GTA’s real estate market not only as compassionate and visionary downsizing experts, but also as trusted and licensed Realtors®.
We work with clients just like you and take them through our exclusive 3-step process which allows them to downsize on their terms, whenever they’re ready.
You are not a transaction, You are making a transition”.
With our Downsizing Done Right program, you get access to:
- A VIP concierge service to take care of your transition from start to finish. This ranges from pairing you with specialists* like consultants, designers, and coaches, to preparing your home for sale, to finding you the right third-age home in the right community.
- Your very own customized transition plan. Everyone has a different idea of what their third age will look like, and no two plans are the same.
- A customized marketing plan, designed with attention to detail to showcase the features that make your home unique and special. We also recommend improvements and updates so you can increase your home’s value, attract the right buyers, and secure the best possible offer.
- Vetted trusted partners* who can provide the support and expert advice you need for a successful downsizing journey. Our network includes financial planners, retirement coaches, professional organizers, new home builders, home inspectors, lawyers, movers, stagers, and more.
7 Essential Downsizing Services
Are you ready to start transitioning? The Transitions program includes the following seven downsizing services, many of which are essential for a happy, prosperous journey into your exciting next chapter. Click any service to see what it’s about and how we can get started.
NO OBLIGATION. This is a complimentary chat to get to know each other and see whether we might be a good fit for you.
* Fees may apply for services provided by third-party providers such as financial planners, retirement coaches, movers, cleaners, professional organizers, new home builders, home inspectors, designers, lawyers, stagers, and more.